Pirelli Scorpion Trail M 29" tire 2023
The most versatile tyre in the Scorpion™ Trail range: covering a wide range of uses while offering maximum support
The Scorpion™ Trail range has been designed for those who want uncompromised performances on the trails with the ProWALL technology and the exceptional chemical grip offered by the SmartGRIP Compound formulation in evey weather condition.
Medium profile tread pattern for riding quickly and confidently over a variety of terrains.
The Scorpion™ Trail M is the best choice for trail riding where terrain can vary but speed is still the key factor.
- Scorpion M (Mixed terrain-yellow) medium profile, tread spacing for riding quickly and confidently over a mixed variety of terrains, from hard to soft, whether for dry and wet.
- Grip: SmartGrip Compound for uncompromising grip on dry and wet surfaces.
- Handling: designed for an optimal shape on modern wide profile rims.
- Damping: A supple 60 Tpi and TLR casing for added stability and grip at a modern lower pressure riding style.
- Protection: Anti-tear tread compound plus 120 Tpi sidewall reinforcements for added puncture and cut resistance.
- Real weight: 947 g (29x2.6).
SmartGRIP is a compound that uses cutting-edge advances in chemical technology to achieve two typically opposed features in off-roading: mechanical resistance and chemical grip. This compound is capable of achieving performance levels high enough that it can be used for the entire depth of the rubber used to create the tread. The use of a single rubber compound ensures that performance won't decrease as tread wear increases, which is usually a key defect of multilayer compounds. Pirelli selects the best rubber compound for every tread and every size, no compromise between grip and handling in wet and dry conditions.
ProWALL sidewall reinforcement technology increases puncture protection and improves handling at low pressures. An additional layer of Nylon fabric is applied over the casing sidewalls for extra protection and improved cornering stability.