The Pella Gipiemme bib shorts are a combination of traditional manufacturing with modern fabric technology. Furthermore using Coolmax H cycling pads the shorts still offer the luxury of modern day alternatives.
- Platinum Ergo Timely cut.
- Silicone anti slip at the end of the leg.
- Meryl Lycra mesh in the braces for an extraordinary breathability.
- Lycra Power Sport 215 g/m2 fabric for a prolonged muscular support.
- Coolmax H pad.
Confidence in textiles – that has been the motto of the independent testing for harmful substances according to Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 for textile products of all types which pose no risk whatsoever to health since 1992.
To implement the objectives of a reliable product label for consumers and a uniform safety standard for the assessment of harmful substances for textile and clothing manufacturers, the Oeko-Tex® system provides the following components:
- Globally uniform and scientifically-based (textile and human ecologically relevant) test criteria.
- Annual re-evaluation and development of the stipulated limit values.
- Testing and certification of the textile products through independent test institutes with the relevant expertise.
- Testing of textile raw materials, intermediate and end products at all stages of processing (modular system).
- Product conformity through internal quality management within the companies.
- Company audits to ensure best possible certification process and targeted support for operational quality assurance.
- Product monitoring by means of regular control tests in the market and site inspections by independent auditors from Oeko-Tex® Association.
Reach is the Regulation on Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals. It entered into force on 1st June 2007. It streamlines and improves the former legislative framework on chemicals of the European Union (EU).
The entire production process in Italy is powered entirely using renewable energy sources, Pella invested during 2012 in a photovoltaic system that fulfills all energy needs and zeroing CO2 emissions in the environment.
Pella is different.
For many years the company Pella has been going the consistent and successful way of sustainable management in the range of ecology and economy and is committed to its production location in Valdengo, Italy.
Lycra Power Sport
Lycra® Sport fabric has revolutionized sports apparel by delivering stretch and recovery power designed to help athletes move and perform at their best. It has been engineered specifically for sporting activities which require a combination of light weight, breathability, muscle support and freedom of movement benefits. Every Lycra® Sport fabric style is tested to meet demanding standards for elongation, fit and recovery power.
Coolmax® is a high tech fabric specifically and uniquely engineered to keep users dry and comfortable. Coolmax® fabrics are made from specially engineered polyester fibres with an increased surface area. This special four-channel or six-channel fibre forms a transport system that pulls moisture away from the skin to the outer layer of the fabric. It then dries that moisture faster than other fabrics to thermoregulate the body by evaporative cooling.